GILI’S BEST BREAKFASTSSeptember 24, 2015
Heading to Gili Meno? We’ve put together some general information on the smallest of the three Gili Islands to help you on your way.
- There is only one ATM on Gili Meno. It is next to Malia’s Child close to the harbour.
- You also have the option to get money from Blue Marlin Dive in the form of a credit card cash advance, although they charge a 7% fee.
- There is a 24 hour clinic next to Blue Marlin Dive close to the harbour.
- For any serious injuries or problems it is better to make your way to Lombok, or better Bali, as quick as you can.
- Multiple operators have towers on Gili Meno so that it can cover Gili Air and Gili Trawangan on either sides. Therefore the internet here is quite good.
- Be sure to have your Indonesian sim card though before you get to the island and top up with enough credit/data as the closest top up point is in Gili Trawangan.
Top things to do
- Enjoy the beautiful Gili Meno beaches. The epitome of paradise.
- Go diving. There are 3 dive shops on the island, Blue Marlin Dive, Gili Meno Divers and Divine Divers.
- Go snorkelling. Gili Meno is known for having the best snorkelling of the three Gili’s, crystal clear waters, not too many people and guaranteed turtle spotting 🙂
- Blue Ocean Boat Trip. For snorkelling trips, fishing trips and day trips to the other Gili islands.
- Ocean Spa at Mahamaya Resort.
- Yoga at Seri Resort.
- Walking around the island. It will take you approximately 90 minutes on a slow pace. Cycling around is not recommended as there are quite a few areas that are still very sandy and not cycle friendly.
- Turtle Sanctuary – Visit the small little turtle sanctuary and donate if you feel generous. You can also pay RP 150 000 to release a turtle back into the ocean if they are old enough (usually 8 months).
- Taman Burung – Bird Park
- Saltwater inland lake – The saltwater lake in Gili Meno is a place of absolute solitude. If you feel like an escape where it is so quiet, the loudest thing is the slow breeze of the wind, go find a spot on a wooden baruga. Take a blanket, something to drink and snack and just enjoy the beautiful view and the sound of nothing.
- Celebrity spotting – Rumour has it David Hasslehoff owns a house on Gili Meno. See if you can find him, but remember, don’t hassle the hoff!
- Gili Meno in general is not known for it’s nightlife or party scene but there are still some options if you feel like staying out after dark.
- We Be Bar on sunset side
- Shanti Shanti Bar at the Gili Meno Eco Hostel
- Sasak Cafe
If there is anything else you would like to know that you could not find in our 101 Guide, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you and update our website accordingly.
ARE YOU A TRAVEL BLOGGER?
Lets work together!
CONTACT US TODAY!